Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Social Enterprise?
A social enterprise is an organization that applies commercial strategies to maximize improvements in human and environmental well-being. This may include maximizing social impact alongside profits for external shareholders.
Cannabis Sativa L Infographic
Industry Specific FAQ’s
Have you ever wondered what the different levels of acceptance for cannabis are, and what those different levels actually mean for businesses and organizations? Click on a category below to learn more!
- Cannabis education is proudly and enthusiastically supported.
- Not all are cannabis activists. Some are strictly capitalists.
- Cannabis – NPO, social enterprise, business.
- Maybe more knowledgeable about cannabis than social responsibility, volunteerism or philanthropy.
- Cannabis education and legalization is supported.
- May or may not be directly involved in the cannabis industry.
- May or may not consume cannabis personally.
- Supports cannabis legalization in some way:
- Medical (provide service & support to cannabis patients without bias)
- Want to learn more about cannabis.
- Many wonder how it will affect them personally or professionally.
- Caregivers or patients exploring options.
- NPO’s that may support populations that may consider “alternative therapies” including cannabis.
- They want to believe that cannabis works for [insert concern here] but haven’t made up their minds yet.
- Maybe a prior RMCM (Reefer Madness Club Members) willing to accept there “may” be some benefit but still skeptical.
- “This is your brain on drugs” & D.A.R.E generations.
- Maybe concerned with:
- Class 1 Federal Drug status
- Research data available
- Children’s access
- Social stigma
- Workplace consequences and stigma
- It’s a new idea and they need more information